Saturday, November 30, 2013

12 Kits of Occasions...with ME!


It's my turn to share a kit at the 12 Kits of Occasions Blog and I had so much fun planning it and then sending it out!   Kara made this amazing photo collage of it ( I put it on the "extra large" setting because it's such an awesome collage) and she even gave it a title! :)  All of the supplies you see are listed HERE.

As soon as I saw Echo Park's " 'Tis the Season" patterned paper collection with a chalkboard theme, I knew it was the 6x6 pad for me!  As I mentioned on the 12 Kits blog already, I used this sheet of paper from the pad to give me ideas for all of the elements to include in the kit such as stamped images, sentiments, and die cuts.


Oh that Scottie dog caught my eye!  So up first is this cute one from Pink Persimmon!


I thought he would look perfect jingling along in the snow in his rhinestone collar and houndstooth coat.  That is one of my favorite sentiments that I own!  It's a wood mount stamp from the former A Muse Artstamps :)


Then it was time to get chalky!  This is the new Chalk Background from Hero Arts with the charming 2011 Heirloom Ornaments from Waltzingmouse Stamps.


And now for the amazing sentiments!  These are new from A Muse Studio, a cling set called "It's a Wonderful Life," and they stamp so beautifully!  I added some "chalk" detail around the words with a white pencil.  This background stamp is so authentic...just a little white ink on dark cardstock and you get the perfect vintage chalkboard look.


Time for some tags!  This one uses another fave image of mine...the "Xmas Stocking" by Anna Wight for Whipper Snapper Designs.  It's hanging from a sweet, tiny new Memory Box die called "Festive Lights" and is paired with another sentiment from "It's a Wonderful Life."


Speaking of Memory Box, I fell in love with this gorgeous Deer Collage stamp from them while shopping at my fave little stamp store "One Little Spark" in Tuckerton, New Jersey this summer :)  It looks regal with the L'il Inkers Snowflake dies and a silver-embossed sentiment from Waltzingmouse Stamps' Festive Foliage set.


 I colored with the C1 and C3 Copic markers...and turned him into Rudolph!


Now for another great Memory Box find...this little tag cut with the Pocket Tag die!  Perfect to slip a little something in...we tried a gift card which didn't quite fit, but some dollar bills did :)!  I "Stickled" up my favorite candy cane from Waltzingmouse Stamps' Sewing Box-Christmas, and placed it on the outside pocket.  I actually cut 2 tags with the die and used patterned paper for the pocket flap (it's glued over the original black cardstock flap). The cute reinforcer piece is cut with a die included with the tag.


More mini tags, this one cut with Papertrey Ink's newest Tag Sale #8 die...


More pencil detailing on this sentiment from A Muse Studio's "It's a Wonderful Life."  The PTI Holly Jolly dies are sugar coated with Martha Stewart's clear coarse glitter.

Another fabulous Hero Arts Stamp, the Pen & Ink Christmas Tree paired with a sentiment from their new clear set "Banners and Messages."


I detailed this with white pencil but then coated over the top of that with a Sakura Stardust pen...very shimmery in the sunlight!


This next tag got away from me a little bit, hee!  It's very dotty!  


The tree is embossed with a Sizzix dot folder and then I colored each one with a chalk marker.


The little tag and heart are both made from wood veneer and then painted.  The heart is from Studio Calico and the tag is made by Ball Jars.  I used a beautiful new sentiment from Waltzingmouse Stamps new "Seasonal Flourish" sentiment set. 

Last but not least, another beloved retired wood mount stamp from A Muse Artstamps (also purchased at One Little Spark a few years ago)...Snow Gent (and his Starbucks cup, hee)! with a sentiment from "It's a Wonderful Life."  The tree and snowflakes in the background are from Papertrey Ink's "In the Meadow" stamp set.



So there you have it!  I think I am having kit letdown now!  Luckily, I have tons of inspiration from these ladies coming up and the stamp sets to try their ideas out!  All of the supplies for this month's kit are listed on the 12 Kits of Occasions blog HERE.  You can also find us on Facebook HERE and our Pinterest page HERE.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Our Special Guest this month!





19 comments:

Renee said...

Oh, Kelly this kit was so awesome...
I loved working with(and hoarding some of *wink*)it...
thank you so much!
The colors...
the papers...
perfect!! :)
And love what you did with it...
that deer again...
I'm so glad I saved him...
I believe he's going on my wishlist now...
but love him in the grey's!
And the fabulously adorable tags...
I just love it all! :)

Kara said...

love how you colored your deer....so cold and crisp looking! I loved this kit so much I had to have two more pads to finish all of my tags for this year's gift wrapping!! So many beautiful projects..love the circle card!!

Marybeth said...

Love how you coordinated this entire kit from that one piece of paper ...what a great idea to tie it all together. Thank you so much Kelly !
You sure outdid yourself with amazing projects. I love your sweet dog card and the tag with the glittered candy cane.
I can't wait to make more ! HUGS

Cathy Weber said...

Kelly, Kelly, Kelly...first, Thank You for a fabulous kit! Just looking through all the blogs proves what a great kit it was, so many different kinds of cards made in so many different styles! I loved the black/red combinations this year...so striking! You also made such good use of your own kit! My faves? The reindeer one which is shaded perfectly and has that great red bow...the sweet candy cane tag with all the red stickles...and the one that got away with you with all those little sparkly ornaments all over the tree. Great kit...such fun this month!

Ruth S, justsomestuffimade.com said...

Gosh that looks like one AMAZING kit!! I wish I had one ;) Your samples are all to do for - I can't begin to choose a favourite, but all those chalkboard ideas are really calling to me!! Thanks so much for the inspiration as ever, Rx

Beverley said...

WOW! Oh my! Such a FABulous collection of festive creations. Stunning - simply stunning! Hugs Bev x

Joan B said...

love these!!

Jill Norwood said...

Kelly such WONDERFUL AND BEAUTIFUL cards and tags and an AMAZING kit!! My stamp and die wish list just increased! I love your design style and am always inspired by your lovely creations! Thanks for all of this gorgeous holiday inspiration!!

Brenda in IN said...

What a great kit. Everything you created is so beautiful. Love them all!

Amy Kolling said...

Kelly, I'm not sure how you did it but this kit was outstanding.....everything was so perfectly picked out to coordinate and blend. I found working with your kit to be so easy and I have so so many more ideas especially after seeing your cards today. I have to be honest, I had no idea what the little houndstooth thingy was until I saw your Scottie dog dressed! haha So that card is one for the CASE'ing especially pairing it with the embossed "hill"......thanks for putting so much thought and time into your kit Kelly....I've enjoyed it so much!!! Happy Holidays!

Amy Kolling said...

Forgot to mention the part I loved so much about your kit......the chalkboard look and those sentiments....definitely my favorite part of all!!! I will have to be on the lookout for that stamp set!

The Paper Parade said...

Kelly, first of all, I absolutely LOVED working with this kit! The black and white made such beautiful cards, and I love the chalkboard look. Now I am not surprised in the slightest that you created such winners with your kit! I love the snowman circle card, it is seriously sweet :) The deer looks gorgeous with the blue shadows surrounding him. I'm also loving the two tree tags, the rhinestone dog collar, and the absolutely gorgeous merry and bright card with the ornaments! Great layout on that one for sure :)

Kim Heggins said...

Kelly...wow! Thank you so much for this amazing and fabulous kit. And your creations, simply gorgeous. I love all your tags, just too cute and I can just imagine how beautiful they will look on all of your packaging. Your round card is just about the cutest card ever! I love that sweet little snowman and with the cup of coffee in his hand, the perfect thing to drink when it is "cold outside". Your deer card is fabulous, I mean over the top fabulous! Your coloring is perfect and I love Rudolph's red nose, so fun. Kelly, again, thank you for the amazing kit, I truly love every little piece of it.

Karen Stein said...

Kelly you are sooo amazing! I love your kit and really love everything you have designed with it. Thanks for picking me to guest design this month. It was a challenge and a pleasure too!

Sharron said...

Kelly, your kit was so amazing and I loved working with it so much. The chalkboard look was perfect and so trendy. Loved the black & white---and the gray--LOVED the grays. Your projects are all fantastic! The shading on your deer looks awesome and now I'm so glad I still have mine. I still have lots of supplies left and will enjoy spending more time playing with them. Lots to CASE after seeing all the gorgeous projects. Thanks again for all the love and care you put into this wonderful kit. Hugs!

maria f. said...

Long time no see, Gingham Girl! Just heard about this over at Marybeth's blog - some amazing cards she produced with some amazing supplies from you. Just wanted to congratulate you on a job really well done!

Joyce said...

I am in awe of all your projects. Your kit was so incredible--so much work and love clearly went into it--and it was so easy for me to work with. Literally, my cards practically put themselves together. So, imagine my surprise to come over to your blog and see that those same elements have formed themselves in entirely different and fabulous ways. That is something I really love about our group. I love every single one of your cards and tags, and cannot pick out a favorite. Please don't make me...

Tracey McNeely said...

Kelly my goodness you smoked your own kit! I don't know where to start! Well lets start with I think you kit was so fabulous, I made so many projects but still have lots left. The dog with the bell around his neck reminds me of my doggie--jingle jingle. The way you coloured around the antlers on your Rudolf card, the glitter on the candy cane just to name a few. Fabulous post!

Christina said...

This kit was incredibly fun to work with, and I am amazed by everyone's creations, including yours. I still have my Scottie dog and had plans for it but didn't get around to it yet! Love the rhinestone collar and bell you added to yours. The chalkboard effect on your second card is fantastic, and the silver ribbon on the ornaments is a great touch. All of your tags are so beautiful too! I'm so glad I have lots of goodies left to play with--thanks again for such a thoughtfully selected and fun kit!