Tuesday, April 30, 2013

12 Kits of Holidays-April!


It's the last day of the month (WOW!) and that means 12 Kits Day!  This month we were treated to a Christmas kit from Sharron Gregory!  SO many fabulous things packed into this kit!


First up is a sweet little folk bird from Plum Purdy Designs!




Colored it with Copic markers and glittered it up to match the lovely ribbon.  Cut out the branch and added some snowy glitter and berries, too.

Next was an adorable sentiment that  I thought went perfectly with my favorite gingerbread guy from Papertrey Ink's Holiday Button Bits.


Some little epoxy hearts, candy cane background paper, and the fun rick rack die cut all went well with my "sweets" theme...


Oh how I love this adorable Plum Purdy Designs "Charlie Brown" primitive tree!  I paired it with some of my own things including linen washi tape, a button, and a heat embossed sentiment from Skipping Stones Design's "Christmas Song" set.


I decorated the tree with some mini red gems, pearls, and a sparkling "tinsel" star.


For my final project, a little experiment.  LOVED Jessica Witty's card HERE and Suzanne Dahlberg's card HERE featuring "neat" paint dots. I am still afraid of splattering paint or mists, but liked the way their little dots looked like tiny brads!


Hmm...not quite so much on my project.  Need more practice and different tools, I think!  I used a very small brush, but think that I need something that can actually "drop" the paint, or a stylus like Jess suggested.  I have one but it's buried at the bottom of my closet. I was too lazy (and impatient!) to get it once I started the actual painting!  

Speaking of "re-dos" I also wish that I had stamped the second half of the sentiment in black :)!  The "Twinkle Twinkle" is from a Technique Tuesday set from Sharron, and the "You're my Star" is from Waltzingmouse Stamps "Seasons of Love-Tags" set.


Wasn't this kit AMAZING?  I can't wait to see what the other ladies have made with it!  Just wanted to say thanks SO much to Sharron for the kit.  I hear that next month's kit is already in the mail, so excited when those arrive!


Supplies:
Folk Bird card:
Stamps:  bird from "Mr. Willy and Friends" set, Plum Purdy Designs and Jingle All the Way set, Technique Tuesday
Paper:  PTI white, Pure Poppy, Aqua Mist
Other:  Sizzix "Snowballs" embossing folder, ribbon, Stampendous Crystal Snow, Copic markers, rhinestones

Gingerbread card:
Stamps:  Christmas Cookies & Happy Hearts, Plum Purdy Designs, Holiday Button Bits, Papertrey Ink
Paper:  PTI White, My Mind's Eye Winter Wonderland
Other:  Instant Camera die, L'il Inker Designs, Zig Zag Ric Rac die, Cherry Lynn,  button dies, Impression Obsession, heart epoxy stickers

Primitive Tree tag:
Stamps:  Dear Santa set, Plum Purdy Designs and sentiment from Christmas Song, Skipping Stones Design
Paper:  Authentique "Festive" Collection, PTI white, tag
Other:  Stitched Rectangles die, L'il Inker Designs; linen washi tape, Wishy Washi Tape; button, twine, rhinestones, pearls


Star card:
Stamps:  Jingle All the Way, Technique Tuesday; Seasons of Love-Tags, Waltzingmouse Stamps
Paper:  PTI white, Ocean Tides, Pure Poppy, My Mind's Eye Winter Wonderland
Other:  star dies from Memory Box and My Favorite Things, Plaid Folk Art acrylic paint


15 comments:

Kim Heggins said...

Kelly...wow! Your cards are so fun and festive, they look like they are ready to be popped in the mail. My favorite is your twinkle twinkle card, just too darn cute and I love how you used all of the those amazing stars. Fabulous bunch of cards Kelly!

Renee said...

I can't believe you fussy cut the little bird...
you amaze me!
If I had tried he would have been headless...tailess and definitely not on that branch! :)
Love it!!
And the sweet gingy...
the adorable tag...
love the way you blinged the tree...
but my fave is the falling stars...
you and Christina were thinking alike...
it's fabulous!!
So glad I still have all mine left! ;)

Jeanne J. said...

You are absolutely hypnotizing me with those close ups Kelly! The mag pie in me just sees all the suggary glitter on the bird, and the gems on the branches and tree and everything else just fades to black! Wonderful!

Joyce said...

Kelly--all of your cards are fantastic. There are so many wonderful details--I am especially impressed with your cut out, colored and glittered bird, and that adorable gingerbread man that works so well with the sentiment.

Joyce said...

Kelly--all of your cards are fantastic. There are so many wonderful details--I am especially impressed with your cut out, colored and glittered bird, and that adorable gingerbread man that works so well with the sentiment.

Marybeth said...

Kelly I love all these, I wish I could show you right now I did the same thing with that little bird and branch just did not use him, so at first I thought hey my card. I do love the glitter that looks like snow or ice on that little bird. The way you decorated that little tree with the tiny bling is adorable. I think I have to break down and buy the Lil inkers dies as well! Love -love-love your happy star card! The hand painted tiny dots are wonderful! You have inspired me not only to buy…. but to try that star card as well.

Tracey McNeely said...

Kelly all of your designs are just jaw dropping incredible! The first one with the glittery bird--oh my! Then the adorable gingerbread man and the perfectly coloured tree in a bag and your twinkle twinkle. Be still my heart!

Sharron said...

Love, love, love what you have done with the kit!! Your Twinkle, Twinkle design is fabulous and all those little dots look wonderful. I didn't use any stars but am inspired by all of you to try something similar. The gingerbread man is so adorable. And I adore your decorated tree. It's perfect with your rustic tag and definitely looks happy with all the pretty embellies. And most amazing is your first card. You fussy cut the branch & bird-WOW! LOVE how he is all glittery too!

Kara said...

so beautiful!! i'm in love with your little blue bird!! the tag is so pretty with your decorated tree! so so pretty!!

Rachel said...

my brain ooh-ed and ahhh-ed at every single card. that cute little birdie has won me over!
-Rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

Suzanne said...

Well, I love them all but good for you for trying the paint!! It looks awesome! You can try the end of anything - a toothpick, a paintbrush, etc. :)

Cathy Weber said...

You have outdone yourself here Kelly...love every single one, but that Charlie Brown tree is my favorite with the beautiful glittery bird card a very close second. You really did a great job with Sharron's kit!

Christina said...

Kelly, your cards are so inspiring! I can't wait to color that sweet little bird and cut him out like you've done on your first card. And your little embellished tree is so stinkin' cute! Love that we were thinking alike with the stars, too. :)

Pauline said...

Beautiful cards Kelly! I love them all, but I think the star card is my favourite!

The Paper Parade said...

Kelly you rocked this kit this month! I love that sparkling bird on the first one, so sweet :) The details on the tree on the tag are awesome! And then the star card...what a stunner!