Saturday, March 16, 2013

Experimenting...

I haven't had a chance to use my new Watercolor Wonder stamp set from Papertrey Ink, so I sat down for a little while yesterday afternoon to experiment.  Of course I chose another birthday tag for an upcoming party!  I used my Tim Holtz Distress Markers to color the stripes in different shades and added some glitter to the Headline Alphabet die cut letters.


Not sure I like the addition of the yellows that I had (Mustard Seed ?!)...or the overall design for that matter...but this should look cute enough on a little pastel gift bag for Eva's friend :)!

REMINDER!
Tomorrow on St. Patrick's Day (!) it is the Waltzingmouse Stamps Blog Party!  Of course Claire is celebrating with a LUCK theme.  She has some free digital images available in the store, including a gorgeous new freebie for this year!  See you there at 1:30 PM EST...you will have 24 hours to upload your creations to the Mr. Linky set on Claire's blog HERE.

Supplies:
Stamps:  Watercolor Wonder, Vintage Picnic (sentiment), both Papertrey Ink
Paper:  PTI Rustic White
Ink:  Tim Holtz Distress Markers in Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick, Mustard Seed, Wild, Honey, (Mulled Lavender inkpad), and Dusty Concord; A Muse Studio ink in Heather
Other:  PTI Tag Sale #7 & Headline Alphabet dies, Doodlebug Design Sugar Coating "Lily White Glitter" and gem, button, A Muse Studio paper flower, twine

7 comments:

Marybeth said...

I like the added yellow mustard. Such a pretty tag,love the glitter . I love the water color set too!

Kara said...

So pretty!! Looks like real watercolor!

Julia Aston said...

I've been seeing cards with this fun stamp set all around - what fun images Kelly! They work wonderfully on your pretty tag - love the glitter letters too - thanks for being so persevering in getting to correct the comment issue - I'm glad you can once again leave your lovely messages for me!!

Renee said...

Adorable!!
And I like the yellow...
I think it compliments perfectly!
Now to find some time to break out this set...
it's such a fun set and I love everything I see with it! :)

Sharron said...

Love how realistic it looks--just like you did it with watercolors! And I think the yellow makes a great accent. Can you believe I have only tried out one stamp in my set? I must play with it soon!!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Wow this is brilliant. I am your newest follower!! :D

Jill Norwood said...

So pretty! I just received this set and cannot wait to play with it! This tag is adorable!