Saturday, March 10, 2012

Wee Chicks Sketch

Another lovely sketch from Renee Lynch for the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog!  This week's is very versatile.  I got a sneak peek of the Mischief Makers' samples and they are so awesome!


Here is my card:


This week I used the L'il Buddies set with papers from the Melissa Frances "Kitschy Kitchen" Collection.  I just purchased them and have NO idea why I waited so long.  What an awesome collection of papers, and just my style, too!

Cut the dotted paper with the little pinked square from PTI's Button Boutique die collection.  I colored the chicks with Copic markers.  Stamped them twice to save me from having to cut out those teeny little feet!  I then popped up their bodies with dimensionals.

Can't wait to see where this week's sketch will lead YOU!  Upload your creation HERE by next Friday, March 16th.  Be sure to include at least one Waltzingmouse Stamps image on your creation, so that you will be eligible to be the randomly-selected player who will win a WMS stamp set of choice!

*DON'T FORGET!*  Next Saturday, March 17 is St. Patrick's Day!  It is also the Waltzingmouse Stamps Blog Party, and of COURSE the theme is St. Patrick's Day/Irish/green!!  The blog party will start at 1:30 PM EST and you will have a whole day to upload your creations to the Mr. Linky group on Claire's blog!  I can't wait!

If you would like to participate but don't have any stamps yet, you can download some of Claire's digital freebies, there are some awesome St. Patrick's Day images and templates you could alter... find the freebies HERE!

Supplies:
Stamps:  L'il Buddies, Waltzingmouse Stamps
Paper:  Melissa Frances "Kitschy Kitchen" patterned papers, PTI's Kraft and Vintage Cream cardstock
Ink:  Memento Rich Cocoa, Copic Markers
Other:  Pearl Lace border die from Memory Box, PTI's Button Boutique dies, twine, pearls from A Muse Studio

11 comments:

Helen Berry said...

Kelly this is so SWEET! What a gorgeous card - love those little chickies and the beautiful dotty squares of paper - they look like fabric swatches! Just love this. Can't wait for the St Paddy's day party either - look forward to it x

Pauline said...

These are just adorable Kelly! Love the papers you used too!

Cathy Weber said...

Super cute card Kelly, I love those little chicks and on the pinked squares, they are scaled perfectly! I love those little pearls for the chick to peck at too. Very pretty card.

Marybeth said...

This card is adorable ,love those cute chicks . The paper is just perfect for this sweet card.

Vickie Z said...

Ohhh...look at those chicks...how perfect is this!?!? I'm tryin' to hold off...hoping chicken wire and roosters, not to mention the fabulous border will be here in time!!!

Sharron said...

You know I love these little chicks and they look wonderful on the pinked squares! Amazing how that paper looks like cloth. And using pearls for the grain is so clever. I'll need to CASE that idea! Love your choice of sentiment too!

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh what a sweet card Kelly! Love those little chicks and that pretty MF patterned paper! That scallop border looks fabulous!

Gabi MeWi said...

I´ve seen your card and had a big smile in my face - THANKS.

Karen M said...

Kelly, I love this card! The little chicks are fab and the papers such spell 'spring'! Fab! kx

maria f. said...

Cute as always, but what puts it over the edge for me? Those little pearls for chick #2 to peck at. Ingenious.

Unknown said...

Such a sweet and darling card, Kelly! Love the tiny trio of pearls!