Saturday, March 3, 2012

Butterfly Sketch

Time for another Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge!  This week, the sketch was created for us by Renee Lynch!  It's SO versatile...


Here is my take:


Had to use that butterfly from Nordic Spring!  Stamped it on patterned paper from My Mind's Eye.  Added swirlies from Flourishes-Scallops and Dots, and a sentiment from Say It Loud!

Your turn!  Upload your creation HERE by next Friday, March 9th.  Be sure to include at least one Waltzingmouse Stamps image on your project to be eligible to be the randomly-selected participant who will win a WMS stamp set of choice!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Nordic Spring, Flourishes-Scallops and Dots, Say It Loud, all Waltzingmouse Stamps
Paper:  Lost and Found "Blush" Collection by My Minds's Eye, PTI Black
Ink:  VersaFine Black
Other:  Sakura Stardust glitter pen, black button, embroidery floss

9 comments:

Bumblebee said...

Love how you used your sentiments for this sketch! Lovely card!

maria f. said...

There you go again, being uber-clever. Great use of those wonderful sentiment stamps. I love them.

Cathy Weber said...

I love how you used the sentiments for the little end pieces on Renee's sketch! How creative, I would never hard thought of that. I think that is such a pretty butterfly, love the stamped pattern on its body and those flourishes, what a nice touch to add to the butterfly. Very pretty card Kelly, as always.

Renee said...

LOVE this! :)
That butterfly with the flourishes...
just gorgeous!!
And the way you used the sentiment...
I truly would have never thought of doing that and is so brilliant!
That butterfly...
I just die and hope the mailman is sweet to me soon...
can't wait to get all the new goodies in so I can play :)

Sharron said...

Kelly, this is SO delicate & pretty! I adore the stripes with the pink! And I'm so in LOVE with that butterfly--looks gorgeous with the flourishes! Using the sentiment at the corners is a brilliant way to use the sketch!

Anonymous said...

Ooooh that butterfly is a beauty!!! Totally fab take on the sketch!

Pauline said...

So elegant and gorgeous Kelly, I have to get my thinking cap on for this challenge!

Vickie Z said...

Love the black and pink combo....my card's not done but, almost, and have a pink/black combo going on!!! Love the sentiments for the corners!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty butterfly Kelly! Love the flourishes peeking out from behind! Thanks for the inspiration!