Sunday, June 10, 2018

Lighthouse Throwdown

Some lovely cool tones for this week's  Color Throwdown Challenge ... aqua, black, and white...which made me think of Papertrey Ink's "Guiding Lights" set...


Here is my take on this breezy, striped, summery inspiration photo, 



I used PTI's "Cover Plate :Waves" to make an impression on watercolor paper, then colored with Zig Clear Color Watercolor Markers and a water brush.


I added the sentiment from "Guiding Lights" on a sheet of Judkins Embossable Window Plastic and heat embossed it in white.


This card is more masculine, so I didn't turn it into a shaker like I originally planned, but did add one iridescent sequin for a "light" and embossed the outer frame with "Cover Plate: Waves,"
 to match up with the inner layer. What inspiring colors this week!

5 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Stunning card, Kelly! Jo x

Betty said...

fantastic card - looks like a winner to me!!

Rachelle Oltean said...

I love this card - :)

Karen said...

Fabulous card! I love how you created the background, and the sentiment on the acetate is also wonderful.

Vickie Z said...

Love the dimension on the lighthouse and pretty blue BG,. So happy You joined us at CTD!