Monday, January 15, 2018

Create Along...

I decided to participate in "Create Along With Us" with Papertrey Ink after seeing Laurie Schmidlin's inspiring balloon card for the new release seen HERE.

Laurie Schmidlin - Birthday Balloons

Um, there's a reason that Laurie is Laurie, lol!  She makes it look so easy!  I struggled with this card for too long, and finally had to just call it a birthday card and move on :).  Something went a little wrong with the placement of the balloons and the sentiment (and the size of the card), but here it is...


I blended again with Gelatos and dry paper towel at the top, then stamped and die cut balloons from the Birthday Style set, and strings from Shaker Shapes: Balloons die and the Balloon Strings dies. On my first 3 attempts, I used a Mix and Mat die to frame the center, but then forgot to add it on this one, eek!

Sentiments are from "Ways to Say It: Birthday" and "Think Big Favorites #1." The sentiment seemed to be floating away with the balloons, so I stamped the confetti image "Good Times" from along the bottom to ground it, then embossed it with Diamond embossing powder.

My girls always need birthday cards, so I am sure they will pick this one sooner or later ;)!

4 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty card Kelly! So fun and cheerful!

Dotty Jo said...

Your card is adorable, Kelly, you make it look easy too! Jo x

Betty Wright said...

Love these bold, beautiful colors! Great take on the inspiration card!

lainey said...

What a festive looking birthday card! Love all those sequins!