Thursday, December 4, 2014

Clearly Christmas Wreath

I wanted to participate in the Curtain Call Challenge after seeing this inspiring photo:


I got out my favorite new stamp, "Color a Wreath" from Hero Arts.  (Still being inspired by Rosemary Dennis' original sequin wreath card seen here).

Here is my take on the challenge...



I stamped the wreath with Versarmark on vellum to give it that light and airy feel in the photo, then heat embossed with white powder. Chose sequins in clear, turquoise and aqua, and some gems in bright green to match the ornaments in the photo.


Underneath the vellum piece is a sheet of white cardstock embossed with a Darice striped embossing folder. The sentiment is from PTI's Holiday Button Bits set.  I stamped the bow on PTI's linen vellum and then embossed with white powder.  There are two of the bows stacked on top of each other.  The whole piece was layered on top of a scalloped white sheet cut with a Mama Elephant die.

So many gorgeous photos in the card gallery already...and the DT's samples were so fabulous!  I'll be back to play this challenge again soon, for sure!  :)

13 comments:

Samra said...

WOW!!! This is probably the most beautiful CAS Christmas card I have seen!!! The colors are gorgeous, so striking!

Betty said...

beautiful card, Kelly - i bought that stamp last year and never used it until a few weeks ago and now i'm practically wearing it out - love it with the blues and white!

Julia Aston said...

What a beautiful wreath Kelly! love the blues and the pretty embossed white bow! (I hope you will join in on the Fusion Challenge - the gingham piece is certainly right up your alley!!!)

Michelle said...

This couldn't be more perfect!!! Love the sequins wreath, Kelly!

Mona Pendleton said...

Wow Kelly! What a beautiful card! Love the sequin wreath and beautiful bow!

Marybeth said...

This should be on the cover of every craft magazine!!!!!!!!
I LOVE this so much Kelly ,and then you embossed it first the vellum is gorgeous over the stripes! WOW!!!!!
HBTY!

Unknown said...

Fantastic card! Those colors are gorgeous together!

Marisa said...

Your sequin wreath is fabulous!!! Thanks for joining us at The Curtain Call.

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty and elegant. Love the gorgeous sequins. Thank you for playing along with us at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge.

Sharron said...

I loved everything you've made with this stamp but this card is stand-out gorgeous! LOVE it!

Shona said...

STUNNING !! I had to go see the stamp you used for this card and I can't believe that such a simple stamp was the basis for this masterpiece. AMAZING!

Amy Sheffer said...

WOW! I love this, Kelly! What a great take on the inspiration photo!

Tracey McNeely said...

Kelly this is so beautiful, I love the sequin wreath! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Curtain Call!