Monday, February 4, 2013

A Go-To Tag

Eva and Claire always are in need of tags for birthday parties...and yesterday we had a family party for my great-niece Reegan who turned 3!  I am finding that the Heroines-Fairy Princess mini set from Waltzingmouse Stamps is perfect for these.  Just buy the wrapping paper or gift bag and paper-piece a coordinating outfit for her.

This floral wrapping was from Target's Dollar Spot!  The fairy's dress is paper-pieced with red dotted paper from Simple Stories "Snap" collection.  Her wings are stamped on vellum and then just glued along the bottom so that I can flare them out a bit.  The sentiment is from Mixed Messages and the tag is cut with the Tag Sale #3 die, both from Papertrey Ink.

Here's one from 2 weeks ago that we made for Eva's friend Madeline...the bag was in our re-gift stash :)



A little glitter and some pretty ribbon...now if only I would make a stash of these ahead of time so that I would be READY the next time an invitation arrives at our house.  But it really would be a shame if her dress didn't match the wrapping paper, wouldn't it?!  :)

Supplies:
Stamps:  Heroines-Fairy Princess, Waltzingmouse Stamps and Mixed Messages, Papertrey Ink
Paper:  Simple Stories Snap Collection, My Mind's Eye Miss Caroline "Howdy Doody" Collection, A Muse Studio vellum
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers
Other:  Papertrey Ink Tag Sale #3 die, Stickles, ribbon, pearl

8 comments:

Cathy Weber said...

Cute idea to have on hand...would have loved this when my daughter was little and going to parties all the time.

Marybeth said...

Oh I love these and I love paper piecing ! Such a sweet idea Kelly . I think I only inked this stamp once ,so glad I have it. Thanks for your adorablet inspiration .

Marybeth said...

Uggg...adorable!

Karen Stein said...

These are great. Makes me want some little ones again (not my own though :))

Sharron said...

I love paper piecing and this is such an adorable idea for tags. I try to be sure to make tags for gifts for the grandkids so I need to add this stamp to my next WM order. Thanks for the inspiration!

Carla said...

love your tags, Kelly. It's a little piece but a great gift to get.
Love from Holland.

Jill Norwood said...

Love this idea! And adorable tags my dear!
:) Jill

Vickie Z said...

Eeeks....these tags are wonderful!!!