Sunday, June 5, 2011

Fancy Button Flowers

Got to stamp today in honor of the Featured Stamper at Splitcoast, Taylor Usry (aka stagccva)!  Here is Taylor's card that I cased.



Kept Taylor's general layout, flowers, and touches of black...left off the sentiment oval, and used different colors and images.  Still can never get enough of the Button Boutique set from Papertrey Ink, it's so fun to combine it with images from the Button Bits series!  The background is made with my new "Cover a Card" background from Impression Obsession.  It's called "Screen" and it's soooo cool (and huge)!  I sure AM obsessed with background images.  Also got Distressed Corduroy and Canvas and can't wait to use those, too.  I kind of want all of them!

The sentiment says "All things grow with love" even though my bow is covering it...think I might make another one, and give these to the girls' teachers at the end of the school year in two weeks!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Button Boutique, Bitty Background Blocks, Everyday Button Bits, all Papertrey Ink, Screen background from Impression Obsession
Cardstock:  PTI white and Orange Zest
Ink:  A Muse Studio inks in Orange and Shell, Memento Tuxedo Black, Fresh Ink in Mango and Watermelon
Other:  Button Boutique and Scalloped Button dies from PTI, gingham ribbon, PTI Sweet Blush buttons, A Muse orange buttons, Divine Twine and embroidery floss

5 comments:

Cathy Weber said...

Hi Kelly: This is a really great card. I love anything with the button set, I have become addicted to IO background stamps too. I have screen and love it. You should try it on kraft with versamark. So great!

Diane Jaquay said...

Your button card is DARLING, love this card!

Marybeth said...

Oh this is such a pretty card. I love the colors. Normally I would not think this combo would look so spring or summery, but it does. I just love this card!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

SUPER SWEET!!! Love the little scene and the button card frames it so well!!!

LaurieJ said...

Well shoot! I just placed an order with PTI last night and in the end decided to take Button Boutique out of my cart. Now you have me smacking myself! This is such a cute cute card! LOVE those little button flowers.