Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Sweetest Flower


For today's Inspiration Challenge at Splitcoaststampers...to be inspired by the children's products at Stephen Joseph Gifts!  I chose this Ladybug Raincoat.

My card took a bit of a different direction after I started. I fully intended to use pinks and purples with a ladybug, but the striped watering can from Papertrey Ink's "Green Thumb" set caught my eye (reminded me of the pattern along the bottom of the coat).  Made the polka dotted background using one of the "flowers" from Green Thumb and Guide Lines 1 grid paper, also from PTI.  I used a healthy dose of Hibiscus Burst and New Leaf cardstock, and lots of brightly-colored inks, which seemed to lighten my "winter blue" mood.  Maybe a quick trip to CVS tomorrow to get me some Vitamin D is in order!

5 comments:

Sue Ann said...

How cute Kelly!! All my kiddies have SJ backpacks....... love those things!!! A nice breath of spring air......... LOVE IT!!!

Pauline said...

So sweet, love the cute colours and the can image is perfect.

Laurie said...

So pretty and springy! Love those fun colors! I also love the bling you added! The perfect touch!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Very cheerful and pretty card. I love the Green Thumb stamp set.

Crafty Math Chick said...

You would not know you have the winter blues from this card Kelly, it is bright and springy and happy! Hope your spirits lift soon my friend.
~Meredith